Ipswich Distribution Centre
The Company’s new 190,000 square feet regional distribution centre in Harris Way, Ipswich, became operational in July 2020 following an investment of £26 million (including land acquisition and internal fit-out costs) and improves service to customers throughout the South East of England.
Key features include:
- Eaves height of almost 56 feet
- 10.6 million cubic feet of capacity and substantial new warehousing
- 30,000 rolls warehousing capacity
- 9,000 pallet locations
- Two cutting tables able to do a combined 100 cuts per hour
- Sortation unit with capacity to hold 2,500 cut length pieces at any one time
- Large trade counter with c 150 SKUs available in the self-pick area
- Focus on reducing environmental impact through construction on a brownfield site, and use of solar panels and other energy efficient technologies
COVID-19 Secure guidance has been fully implemented across the centre, ensuring the safety and protection of employees, any visitors to site, and customers.